PARENT FLOORTIME TRAINING & COACHING
Dr. Greenspan’s Floortime Approach provides important tools for every parent. Simple techniques can be used in everyday situations to help children calm themselves, communicate more, think logically, and plan ahead. These techniques can also be used in 20-30 minute Greenspan Floortime sessions at home.
Recently research in the UK using reflective parent training showed that after 6 months children with ASD exhibited an almost 20% reduction in symptoms. The training involved helping parents read and respond to their child’s cues, gestures, and communication. Read the full article here
The principles of Greenspan Floortime can help every child improve self-regulation, motivation, communication, and adaptability while decreasing impulsivity, hyperactivity, and aggressive/maladaptive/repetitive anti-social behaviors by helping parents and caregivers…
- Deepen the relationship with their child, which in turn improves compliance and listening
- Read the individual cues every child expresses
- Understand how to respond to a child’s communication
- Learn techniques that encourage each child to communicate more, and enjoy the process of doing it
- Establish consistency in family dynamics to create a calmer home environment
Ongoing coaching helps facilitate rapid and continuous growth.
HOW DO WE COACH?
Dr. Greenspan felt strongly that for parents and professionals to learn to apply floortime they needed to practice with the support and feedback from a Greenspan Floortime trained professional. The Floortime Center offers families packages of 30-minute coaching sessions helping them integrate Dr. Greenspan’s principles and techniques at home. To do this we offer a number of different packages that include hands-on coaching and reflective self-analysis discussions. Each package is structured with a progression of 3 coaching sessions followed by a 4th session of reflective video analysis. These sessions can be done in-person or online.
- 30-minute weekly coaching sessions for 4 consecutive weeks: $450
- 30-minute weekly coaching sessions for 8 consecutive weeks: $900
- 30-minute weekly coaching sessions for 12 consecutive weeks: $1350
Families who would like less frequent support can signup for individual 45-minute coaching sessions at their convenience.
WHO DO WE COACH?
Parents, grandparents, siblings, other family members, and professionals working with the child.
You can also signup up for one of our individualized Intensive programs for local and out of town families that include coaching and an individualized combination of therapies for your child.
We follow the very strict guidelines of The Greenspan Floortime Approach® that Stanley Greenspan MD trained us with outlined in his many books, radio shows, and conferences.